Who should attend?
This programme is designed for any person who may be required to select, mount & Dress an abrasive wheel ready for use on a bench grinder in the workplace or requires familiarisation with the associated regulations.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels and to comply with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) in the safe mounting of abrasive wheels and discs on bench grinders.
Classroom based tutorials and demonstrations. Practical exercise in the selection and mounting of abrasive wheels to a bench Grinder This course include the cutting of materials using abrasive wheels.
- Legal requirements and responsibilities.
- Nature of hazards and identification of causes.
- Safe work area.
- Selection of correct personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Inspection of Bench Grinder
- Method of marking, storing, handling and transporting.
- Storage, checking and use of discs.
- Dressing & Mounting.
- Safe Use of abrasive wheels on a bench grinder
Delegates attending this course should be 18+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment. The course does not provide full training in maintenance of equipment. Additional training relating to this subject may be of benefit to delegates (further information available upon request).