Who Should Attend
This programme is designed for any person who may be required to work or supervise others working at height whilst use steps & ladders or requires familiarisation with the associated regulations.
The objective of this training course is to ensure that delegates are aware of the risks and dangers attached to the use of Steps and Ladders in the work place. It will impart knowledge of correct use and maintenance within the confines of any legal requirements.
- Legal requirements and responsibilities.
- Nature of hazards and identification of causes.
- Work at height Regulations
- Safe Use of Steps & Ladders.
- Inspection & Maintenance of Steps & Ladders.
- Alternatives to Steps & Ladders
- Duties of a responsible person.
Classroom based tutorials and demonstrations.
Practical exercise in the inspection and selection of equipment
Delegates attending this course should be 18+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment. The course does not provide full training in maintenance of equipment. Additional training relating to this subject may be of benefit to delegates (further information available upon request).