This course is designed to give delegates an awareness of the hazards associated with fires and the correct procedures to manage an event involving a fire whilst thinking of their own safety and the safety of others.
Duration and Number of Delegates
Half day. Maximum number of delegates: 12
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for category "C" and “D” license holders.
To ensure that delegates can:
- Identify potential hazards associated with the cause of fire in the transport sector and are able to address a situation involving a fire in a safe manner.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- identify potential fire hazards and understand the correct procedure in the event of a fire whilst knowing their own limitations.
- How Fires are Caused and the associated Cost of Fires.
- Duties of Employers and Employees.
- Fire Warden, Fire Detection and Raising the Alarm.
- Fire Risk Assessment and the Fire Triangle.
- Controlling Fire Hazards.
- Understanding Fire and Safe Use of Fire Fighting Equipment.
There is no pass/fail element to this course.
When completing this module in conjunction with another half-day session, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance and have seven hours Periodic CPC training uploaded on the DVSA Recording and Evidencing database.