As the title suggests, this course looks at the driver including how personal lifestyle choices can impact on your ability to act in a professional manner. The course also looks at the driver’s role in positioning and securing items to a vehicle to comply with current best practice and industry guidelines.
Duration and Number of Delegates
Half day. Maximum number of delegates: 12
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for category "C" license holders.
- To ensure that drivers understand their responsibilities as a professional driver.
- To ensure that drivers understand the basic principles of loads and load security.
To ensure drivers have:
- A better understanding of their responsibilities and work towards being a professional driver.
- The knowledge required to load and secure their vehicle therefore enhancing road safety.
- Operations – Different types of transport operations for the carriage of goods.
- Characteristics of the Vehicle.
- Vehicle Loading and Vehicle Security.
- Accident Avoidance.
- Lifestyle – How a driver’s lifestyle can impact his/her ability to work professionally.
There is no pass/fail element to this course.
When completing this module in conjunction with another half-day session, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance and have seven hours Periodic CPC training uploaded on the DVSA Recording and Evidencing database.