July 23, 2021 08:30
July 23, 2021 16:00
This is a 7 hour course comprising of the module below as per JAUPT requirements for driver CPC training
This course is aimed at LGV and PCV drivers as well as other staff who wish to gain a good understanding of basic first aid.
Duration and Number of Delegates.
One full day – minimum of seven hours. Maximum number of delegates: 12
Who Should Attend.
This course is suitable for category "C" and “D” license holders.
The aim of this training course is to ensure that delegates:
- are aware of the duties of a first aider in the work place.
- are aware of the procedures to ensure the safety of both the first aider and the patient.
- are aware of recognised first aid techniques.
Upon completion of the course delegates will:
- be able to assess a situation and the needs and prioritise the order in which first aid is administered.
- be able to demonstrate an understanding of recognised first aid techniques.
- be aware of the need to maintain the safety of the patient and the first aider(s).
- Priorities of treatment and assessing the situation.
- CPR, unconscious patients and the recovery position.
- Various other fist aid scenarios including practical exercises.
There is no pass/fail element to this course.
Delegates completing the successfully completing the course will receive a certificate of attendance and have seven hours Periodic CPC training uploaded on the DVSA Recording and Evidencing database.