From July 07, 2021 08:30 until July 09, 2021 16:00
At Oakhill Court, Prestwich
Duration: 3 Days
Length of Certification: 3 years
Accreditation: Highfield / FAA / Certificated
This programme is designed for where an employer’s assessment of first aid needs identifies that a First Aider is necessary, or those who want to gain the most comprehensive introduction to first aid.
To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge and responsibilities of being a First Aider. Delegates will have a base knowledge of how to correctly react and treat the various first aid situations that may occur in their place of work.
• Legislation incorporating The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
• The requirements of RIDDOR
• Introduction to first aid
• The methods of basic life support incorporating rescue breathing, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and paediatric life support
• How to place a casualty in the recovery position
• The contents of a first aid kit and guidance on how to use it
• The injuries/treatments of the eye
• Transportation of a patient in the most comfortable manner
• The different types of burns and scalds and their respective treatments
• Different types of fracture and their treatments
• The human circulatory system and associated wounds
• The human nervous system
• Management of an unconscious casualty
On-going assessments with the trainer throughout the course. Final assessment with external verifier on 3 areas; Wounds and Bleeding, Unconscious Casualty Management and Recovery Positions, CPR.
Delegates attending this course should be 16+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.