Max Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: ½ Day
Length of Certification: 1 Year
Who Should Attend?
The course is designed for personnel that undertake maintenance, refurbishment or building work and will appeal to general maintenance staff, electricians, plumbers, gas fitters, painters and decorators, joiners, plasterers, demolition workers, construction workers, roofers, heating and ventilation engineers, telecommunication engineers, burglar, fire alarm installers, architects, building surveyors and other such professionals.
This half day course is fully compliant with Regulation 10 of The Control of Asbestos Regulations. This course will make people understand what asbestos is and the typical locations where it is found and how to work safely to avoid exposure.
- What is Asbestos - the main properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types and likely occurrences of asbestos and asbestos containing material in premises and plant.
- General Procedures to be followed in the event of release of asbestos.
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos
The objective of the course is to enable Delegates to understand:
- What Asbestos is
- The different types of Asbestos
- Procedures to follow
- How to avoid the risks
Classroom Based and Practical exercises with group participation.
The course can be developed and adapted to refer to or include specific areas of the client’s operations, particularly focussing on issues that are present and utilising the client’s own asbestos policies and procedures.