This course is aimed at LGV and PCV drivers as well as other staff who wish to gain a good understanding of basic first aid.
Duration and Number of Delegates
One full day – minimum of seven hours. Maximum number of delegates: 12
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for category "C" and “D” license holders.
The aim of this training course is to ensure that delegates:
- Are aware of the duties of a first aider in the work place.
- Are aware of the procedures to ensure the safety of both the first aider and the patient.
- Are aware of recognised first aid techniques.
Upon completion of the course delegates will:
- Be able to assess a situation and the needs and prioritise the order in which first aid is administered.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of recognised first aid techniques.
- Be aware of the need to maintain the safety of the patient and the first aider(s).
- Priorities of treatment and assessing the situation.
- CPR, unconscious patients and the recovery position.
- Various other fist aid scenarios including practical exercises.
There is no pass/fail element to this course.
Delegates completing the successfully completing the course will receive a certificate of attendance and have seven hours Periodic CPC training uploaded on the DVSA Recording and Evidencing database.