Max Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: ½ Day
Length of Certification: 3 Years
Who Should Attend
This programme is designed for Managers, Supervisors and Operatives, who may require fall arrest protection.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the need for safety, the legislation and dangers associated with work that may require the need for a safety harness. To enable delegates to be competent when working on roofs and to safely and correctly use harnesses in conjunction with ladders and steps.
- Organisation and planning plus risk assessment
- Prevention of falls
- Fall arrest systems
- Safety awareness including practical exercise
- By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the work at height regulations and associated legislation and be fully aware of their legal responsibilities
- Select the correct work equipment and restraint systems to help prevent falls from height thus reducing risk to themselves and others
- Carry out inspections of equipment to ensure they are safe and fit for purpose
- Confidently select and don a harness correctly
Delegates attending this course should be 18+ years and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
The content of this course includes awareness of periodic examinations of equipment.
Delegates attending this course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training and have a good understanding of the English language.