Injuries caused by manual handling are responsible for a significant number of accidents and lost working time in the workplace. This course provides information, advice and general techniques for safe manual handling.
Duration and Number of Delegates
Half day. Maximum number of delegates: 12
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for category "C" and “D” license holders.
Upon completion of the course delegates will:
- Be able to define Manual Handling.
- Understand the dangers of hazardous manual handling.
- Know how to avoid hazardous manual handling.
- Learn good manual handling technique.
- Delegates will be aware of and understand manual handling risk assessments that apply to their work and assess how to avoid hazardous manual handling.
- They will be able to demonstrate and apply good manual handling technique in the workplace.
- Understanding manual handling and functions of the spine.
- Manual handling and the law including risk assessment.
- Correct manual handling techniques and equipment.
- Practical session and recap.
There is no pass/fail element to this course.
When completing this module in conjunction with another half-day session, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance and have seven hours Periodic CPC training uploaded on the DVSA Recording and Evidencing database.