This course is aimed at those who need to give signals to drivers or receive signals to aid in the safe manoeuvring of vehicles.
Duration and Number of Delegates
Half day. Maximum number of delegates: 12
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for category "C" and “D” license holders.
To ensure that delegates can:
- Manoeuvre vehicles in a safe manner using industry recognised and approved methods.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able:
- To understand the role and responsibilities of a vehicle banksman.
- Ensure that the banksman and driver can safely communicate using industry recognised signals.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Legal Requirements.
- Traffic Plan including Vehicle Awareness and Dangers.
- Proximity Hazards and PPE Requirements.
- Safe Positioning and Communication Methods.
- Preparing for Movement and Safe Limitations.
- Accident Statistics and Reporting Requirements.
There is no pass/fail element to this course.
When completing this module in conjunction with another half-day session, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance and have seven hours Periodic CPC training uploaded on the DVSA Recording and Evidencing database.