This module looks at the relationship between the performance of the vehicle when different driving techniques are applied and the impact on safety.
Duration and Number of Delegates
Half day. Maximum number of delegates: 12
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for category "C" license holders.
To ensure that drivers have:
- A good understanding of how good driving techniques can aid vehicle performance and reduce operating costs.
- A good understanding of how the above point has a direct impact on road safety.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Go about their daily duties using the best driving techniques.
- Aid vehicle performance, reduce operating costs and improve road safety by adopting best driving techniques.
- Technical aspects of the vehicle including daily checks and the driver’s routine.
- Driving skills and flexibility.
- Understanding your vehicle and efficient driving.
- Reacting to difficult situations and actions following an accident.
There is no pass/fail element to this course.
When completing this module in conjunction with another half-day session, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance and have seven hours Periodic CPC training uploaded on the DVSA Recording and Evidencing database.